We’re looking for C++ Gurus to join us in changing the way the world moves.
If you love a challenge, are passionate about technology and are full of spark, energy, and ambition, this could be the dream role for you. Our team of rock-solid software engineers, technologists, futurists, and dreamers are changing how people think and feel about cars.
To be clear: this is no ordinary software engineering role. We’re looking for someone who is skilled in magic and has magical powers – someone that loves autonomy to experiment and make decisions on their own; someone who stands out and who can contribute big things.
Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be a ->
- a planner
- and a doer,
Under your influence, things run like clockwork. But you’re no clock-watcher. You bring energy and star-quality to what you do, engineering success with a smile :).
In return, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best talents in the business, in an inspiring environment where our people are well looked after, happy and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.
Superstar engineers need superstar projects:
- from autonomous driving to electrification,
- from car-sharing services to vehicle connectivity,
Critical TechWorks operates at the cutting-edge of the BMW Group’s technologies.
As part of the TechWorks team, you’ll create high-quality, reliable software components that help make vehicles safer as well as more eco-friendly and fun to drive.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to have:
- Sound knowledge of objected-oriented languages and software architectures
- A solid understanding of distributed software architectures
- Significant experience using C++ (preferably C++11 or superior)
- Experience in the use of GNU/Linux (development, shell scripting and basic administration)
- Optional: familiarity with AUTOSAR, QT, OpenGL and automotive infotainment
- Optional: understanding of basic electronics laboratory instrumentation
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, and prioritizes autonomy, teamwork, interaction and resilience.
We’re organized into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment.
This means our C++ Guru should possess the following skills:
- Availability to perform Operations outside the working hours if needed (extra compensation will be applicable).
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills (English).
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit).
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others.
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods, as required.
- German skills will be a plus.
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.