WE'RE LOOKING FOR VISUAL DESIGNER ALCHEMISTS!
If you love a challenge, are passionate about technology and are full of spark, energy, and ambition, this could be the dream role for you. Our team of rock-solid software engineers, designers, technologists, futurists, and dreamers are changing how people think and feel about cars.
To be clear: this is no ordinary software engineering role. We’re looking for someone spectacular – someone who stands out and who can contribute big things working alongside our dynamic team of technical wizards.
Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be ->
- a problem-solver,
- a planner,
- and a doer.
Under your influence, things run like clockwork. But you’re no clock-watcher. You bring energy and star-quality to what you do, engineering success with a smile :).
Cross-functional teams are our heart and our strength. Communicating fluently the intent behind your design to designers and non-designers will be part of your everyday.
You will share responsibility and ownership with your team for the success of your part of the product. While enjoying the agile setup of a small cross-functional team, you will also be part of something bigger, together with other teams that will create the next generation of BMW and MINI User Experience.
Here’s the lowdown on the technical skills and interests you’re likely to have:
- Product obsessed and able to clearly translate a brand message on your designs, while enjoying room for transforming it for each use case.
- Ideally some experience/love to Car Interface Design or the hunger to get to know the very special requirements for this environment.
- A keen focus on productivity balanced with the ability to experiment multiple solutions since the earliest design stages.
- Experience in creating and delivering high-fidelity mock-ups and functional prototypes, both to internal teams and customers.
- Master creator with your design tools, mainly Adobe Suite and Sketch.
- A natural inclination to be very detailed, integrating and developing atomic design principles.
- A good sense for organizing, maintaining, and enabling contribution to UI library.
- The ability to maintain pro-activeness when working with several different design and development teams.
- Strong on self-criticism, complemented by a creative and experimental streak and willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly adapt solutions to changes in the surroundings, while using cross-field inspiration to be ahead of time and bring innovation to the car.
Apart from great UI design skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, and prioritizes autonomy, teamwork, interaction and resilience.
We’re organized into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment.
This means our Alchemists should possess the following skills:
- Pragmatism and the ability to deal with complexity.
- Strong ability to understand and interpret Business needs and requirements.
- Great people skills to foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and the sharing of ideas and approaches.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – including the ability to speak and write in English.
- Experience of working with development teams running Scrum preferred.
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others – and an ability to turn ideas into realities.
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods of time, as required.
- German speaking skills will be a plus.
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.