Visual Designer Alchemist
WE'RE LOOKING FOR VISUAL DESIGNER ALCHEMISTS!
At Critical TechWorks, we are revolutionizing the automotive industry with our cutting-edge software and technology solutions. We seek highly skilled and distinctive UI Designers to join our team of talented engineers, developers, and futurists.
Critical TechWorks is a Joint venture between Critical Software and the BMW group.
We established in 2018 and exclusively support BMW in building software for its entire universe - from autonomous driving to the billing system BMW uses and everything in between.
Our mission is to change the future of motion. And the way we do it is by infusing our work and essence into BMW. Slowly but surely, we can impress ourselves into BMW - one of the industry's leading players - and thus effect change in the world. We like the work and value autonomy, making us a genuinely Agile workplace.
We organize ourselves into Scrum teams, and due to our flat hierarchy philosophy and self-directed management style, we are actively promoting an autonomous workplace experience. We focus on growth and self-development with an absolute commitment to quality.
Superstar designers need superstar projects:
As one of the leading motor vehicle brands, the BMW Group is reinventing its interfaces and pushing the boundaries of the automotive design sector. As a UI Designer at Critical Techworks, you will be instrumental in doting BMW's customer-facing ecosystem across multiple touchpoints (car and mobile) with a distinct visual identity and emotional quality. This is a chance to be a part of one of the most exciting and forward-looking design conversations in the automotive sector, both within BMW's design community and the global community. An actual career-defining role.
- You will be part of a small cross-functional and transversal team responsible for our products' success while contributing to the next generation of BMW customer-facing experience;
- Your day-to-day will entail collaborative work with developers and UX designers in which you will employ your craft and creativity in service of the product, always to the customer's benefit. As each product and feature is assigned to a different team within Critical Techworks, you will work on multiple projects with many different people;
- You will drive the design of each project while also acting as quality control, ensuring consistency and high standards in our output.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to have:
- A clear understanding of the digital design process and a strong affinity for UI and brand differentiation, specifically;
- A strong passion for technology and design, with a focus on translating brand DNA into exceptional designs;
- Experience or a keen interest in Interface Design and the ability to adapt to the unique requirements of automotive and mobile platforms;
- A balance of productivity and experimentation in the design process, with the ability to create pixel-perfect compositions;
- Mastery of design tools such as Adobe Suite and Figma, focusing on atomic design principles and the ability to organize and maintain a design system;
- Strong self-criticism, creativity, and a willingness to work in a collaborative environment;
- The ability to quickly adapt to changes and bring innovation to the car industry.
Apart from great UI design skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, and prioritizes autonomy, teamwork, interaction and resilience.
This means our Alchemists should possess the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – including the ability to speak and write in English;
- Experience of working with development teams running Scrum preferred;
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods of time, as required;
- German speaking skills will be a plus.
If you are a visual designer full of spark, energy, and ambition and looking for a challenging and rewarding role, we want to hear from you.
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.
- Lisbon, Porto
A dynamic fortress for our talented minds to thrive
There are big challenges ahead, so we’ve created a dynamic fortress for our talented minds to thrive. We empower our people to explore and invent their way to success. To us, this isn’t work. It’s our passion.
About Critical Techworks
Critical TechWorks is a joint venture to lead the future of motion. Established in 2018, Critical TechWorks is a company formed as a result of a partnership between BMW Group and Critical Software. Critical TechWorks is exclusively put together to support BMW in building software for its future driving machines.
Visual Designer Alchemist
Loading application form
Already working at Critical Techworks?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.