Critical TechWorks is developing the next generation of software systems for the BMW Group’s future driving machines.
We’re looking for several bright Quality Assurance Mages to join our team. If you are passionate about how things work, love a challenge, technology and are full of spark, energy, and ambition, this is the role for you to shine.
Quality Assurance Mages are mythical beings that excel at breaking and fixing everything others do. They intuit weaknesses in IT systems and create magical recipes that allow others to see it. They have an eye for the correctness and struggle with everything that’s out of order but is also gentle and kind when applying their methodological wisdom to communicate corrective or alternative measures. They don’t look for easy answers and never let poor-quality software stay unnoticed.
Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be a ->
- a planner
- and a doer,
- capable of managing complexity.
You bring energy and star quality to everything you do, ensuring engineering success with a smile.
In return, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best talents in the business, in an inspiring environment where our people are well-looked after, happy and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.
The Makings of a Quality Assurance Mage:
You’ll focus on testing innovative, responsive, lightning-fast user experiences.
You’ll use cutting-edge tech in new areas and employ your creativity to set precedents. We’re talking high-quality, reusable, and testable software components for state-of-the-art user experiences in a multi-disciplined, fast-paced environment.
You’ll automate everything you do. No exceptions.
Get ready to be challenged (in the best way): from networking fundamentals to personalized experiences, media to real-time system updates, and enabling constant improvements based on vehicle information, you will be at the cutting-edge of the BMW Group’s technologies.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to have:
5+ years of experience in hands-on testing: concepts, methodology and execution.
- Good knowledge of objected-oriented languages and distributed software architectures.
Good knowledge of test automation.
- Experience in at least one high-level scripting language (preferably Python).
Experience in the use of GNU/Linux (development, shell scripting and basic administration).
- Experience in basic electronic laboratory instrumentation is valued.
- ISTQB or equivalent certifications are valued.
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases.
- Experience with Git source control system.
Nice to have:
- Experience in using C++11 or later.
Experience working on Android projects, especially in testing Android based solutions.
- Experience in hardware-in-the-loop and model-in-the-loop testing is highly valued.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment as a detail-oriented team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatile with 3rd party libraries.
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, and prioritizes autonomy, teamwork, interaction and resilience.
We’re organized into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment.
This means our Quality Assurance Mage should also possess the following skills:
- Availability to perform Operations outside the working hours if needed (extra compensation will be applicable).
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing.
Excellent oral communication and writing skills (English).
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit).
Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others.
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods, as required.
- German skills will be a plus.
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.