A Technical Titan is a full-stack CTO with servant leadership running through its veins.
If you are not an experienced and hands-on technologist embedded with an agile mindset and principles, or an influencer, please don’t apply.
If you love a challenge, are passionate about technology and are full of spark, energy, and ambition, this could be the dream role for you.
Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be a ->
- a planner,
- and a doer.
Under your influence, things run like clockwork. But you’re no clock-watcher. You bring energy and star-quality to everything you do, ensuring engineering success with a smile.
In return, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best talent in the business, in an inspiring environment where our people are well-looked after, happy and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.
The Makings of a Technical Titan:
Supporting several DevOps teams on things related to agile working model, engineering excellence, and continuous delivery practices, among other things.
You are not the architect of the teams; the teams own their own architecture, but you should be able to get the hands in the keyboard and help the teams when needed. Teams expect you’re the last man leaving the ship.
You will be the company guardian of delivery excellence.
You will contribute to defining and disseminating our high-level engineering delivery and operation principles to all teams and support them in achieving their goals by contributing to better products, satisfied users, and happy and motivated teams. The principles aren’t implementation guidelines; they focus on the capabilities and behaviors that we expect all product teams to follow but provide full flexibility for the teams to decide how to apply them.
The Technical Titan is responsible for guaranteeing that these principles are applied, and they should evolve according to our needs, always challenging excellence.
You should also be a technologist visionary. A person that is able to think beyond, anticipate trends, and define strategies that leverage synergies from different contexts.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to have:
- At least 8 years of experience as a software developer
- Able to design enterprise-grade software architectures keeping in mind the principles of cost-effectiveness, scalability, high-performance, and maintainability
- Familiarity with different architecture concepts such as Cloud, Microservices, Containers and observability and Infrastructure as Code
- Desirable knowledge in Domain Driven design, Event Sourcing, Reactive Programming, Automated Testing and Security.
- Experienced in working autonomously within and agile environment with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experienced with SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experienced with at least one of Jakarta EE, .Net Core, C++ or equivalent
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, and prioritizes autonomy, teamwork, interaction and resilience.
This means our Technical Titan should possess the following skills:
- Pragmatism and ability to deal with complexity.
- Resilience for dealing with the unknown and the unexpected.
- Strong ability to understand and interpret stakeholder needs and requirements.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving mindset.
- Able to perform a make or buy decision.
- Great people skills to foster a supportive environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to speak and write in English.
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others.
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods of time, as required.
- German skills will be a plus.
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.
- Lisbon, Porto
A dynamic fortress for our talented minds to thrive
There are big challenges ahead, so we’ve created a dynamic fortress for our talented minds to thrive. We empower our people to explore and invent their way to success. To us, this isn’t work. It’s our passion.
About Critical Techworks
Critical TechWorks is a joint venture to lead the future of motion. Established in 2018, Critical TechWorks is a company formed as a result of a partnership between BMW Group and Critical Software. Critical TechWorks is exclusively put together to support BMW in building software for its future driving machines.
Loading application form
Already working at Critical Techworks?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.