CI/CD Integration Engineer
We’re looking for bright CI/CD Integration Engineers to join our team.
If automation is something that drives your passion this could be the role you have been looking for. Our Build and Release teams are the enabling foundation of several million lines of code helping to change how people think and feel about cars.
Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be ->
- a problem-solver,
- a planner,
- and a doer.
Under your influence, things run like clockwork. But you’re no clock-watcher. You bring energy and star-quality to what you do, engineering success with a smile :).
In return, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best talent in the business, in an inspiring environment where our people are well-looked after, happy and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.
CI/CD Integration Engineers automate superstar projects:
- from infotainment to autonomous driving to electrification,
- from car sharing services to vehicle connectivity,
Critical TechWorks operates at the cutting-edge of the BMW Group’s technologies.
As part of the TechWorks team, you’ll have to:
- Implement robust continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions.
- Develop custom scripts and tools to improve usability of the CI/CD environment.
- Contribute to branch and merge processes in version control to support concurrent software development.
- Administrate and configure build pipelines and infrastructure.
- Monitor CI/CD pipelines and execute corrective actions if necessary.
- Manage and lead improvements to delivery processes, including developing robust processes for continuous releases.
- Hands-on experience with automation and deployment tools.
- Minimum 3 years with Linux as development environment.
- Technical skills must include Bash, Python, Git.
- Familiarity with monitorization concepts.
Additionally, experience in any of the following areas is highly appreciated:
- Experience developing custom scripts and tools using Python, Bash or any other scripting language.
- Previous experience with automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Zuul, Ansible).
- Previous experience with containerization tools (e.g. Docker, LXC).
- Previous experience with source code revision tools (e.g. Github, Gerrit).
- Previous experience with monitorization tools (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana).
- Previous experience with build tools (e.g. Yocto, Bazel, CMake, make).
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, prioritizing teamwork, interaction and resilience.
We’re organized into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment. Keeping such intricate puzzles secure and safe; robust and in spotless shape is already a challenge per se.
This calls for our CI/CD Integration Engineers to possess the following skills:
- Availability to perform Operations outside the working hours if needed (extra compensation will be applicable).
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills (English).
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others.
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods, as required.
- German skills will be a plus.
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.
A dynamic fortress for our talented minds to thrive
There are big challenges ahead, so we’ve created a dynamic fortress for our talented minds to thrive. We empower our people to explore and invent their way to success. To us, this isn’t work. It’s our passion.
About Critical Techworks
Critical TechWorks is a joint venture to lead the future of motion. Established in 2018, Critical TechWorks is a company formed as a result of a partnership between BMW Group and Critical Software. Critical TechWorks is exclusively put together to support BMW in building software for its future driving machines.
CI/CD Integration Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Critical Techworks?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.