We’re looking for Python developers to work alongside our dynamic team.
Critical TechWorks is supporting the digital transformation in the automotive landscape of the BMW Group’s future driving machines.
You will be developing and maintaining tools for a very complex system so naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be a problem-solver, a planner and a doer. Under your influence, things run like clockwork. But you’re no clock-watcher. You bring energy and star-quality to what you do, engineering success with a smile.
You’ll be surrounded by an inspiring environment where our people are well-looked after, happy and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.
Our Python developers contribute to projects from infotainment to autonomous driving to electrification, from car-sharing services to vehicle connectivity.
As part of the TechWorks team, you’ll create solutions while ensuring that all the high-quality, reliable software components produced by our teams are released nicely together with the highest quality standards in all possible release configurations, all the time.
Our projects include but are no limited to:
- Framework development to enable integration testing on several communication protocols.
- Automation frameworks to enable testing with hardware, software and model in-the-loop.
- Scripts to configure integration of a broad spectrum of tools executed on the CI gates.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to have:
- Self-driven, self-organized, hands-on attitude, problem solver.
- Proven experience developing in Python.
- Experience developing scripting for Linux.
- Experience with other scripting languages (preferably Shell).
- Experience with version control tools (preferably Git).
Additionally, experience in any of the following areas is highly appreciated:
- Previous experience with design patterns and principles.
- Previous experience with build, deployment and debugging processes.
- Previous experience with Pytest + Tox.
- Previous experience with TDD methodology.
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, and prioritizes autonomy, teamwork, interaction and resilience.
We’re organized into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment.
This calls for our Python Rockstar Developers to possess the following skills:
- Availability to perform Operations outside the working hours if needed (extra compensation will be applicable).
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills (English).
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit).
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others.
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods, as required.
- German skills will be a plus.
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.