We are looking for a Linux Security Engineer to join us in protecting the way the world moves.
If you know a thing or two and are willing to learn more about elevated privileges, trusted execution, kernel modules, signed and unsigned artefacts, root privileges, UEFI and secure booting, and you know what it takes to protect a system against tampering or any other form of unauthorized utilisation, then you’re in the right place. Don’t be shy or downplay what you know.
In return, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best talents in the business in an inspiring environment where our people are well looked after, happy and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.
Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be a ->
- a planner
- and a doer.
You bring energy and star quality to everything you do, ensuring engineering success with a smile.
Security engineers help protect superstar projects: from autonomous driving to electrification, to vehicle connectivity, Critical TechWorks operates at the cutting edge of the BMW Group’s technologies.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to have:
Hands-on experience in Linux security (e.g. Kernel hardening, access control (DAC and MAC), capabilities, namespaces, IPC).
Good understanding of security principles, latest techniques, and operating system features (e.g. secure boot, disk encryption, integrity protection, sandboxing).
Linux debugging and problem analysis skills.
- Experience with C and C++ programming language is a plus.
- Experience with Python and Bash scripting.
- Knowledge of Android OS security, Yocto and BitBake is a plus.
- Understanding of basic principles of threat modelling.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Zuul, JIRA).
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, and prioritizes autonomy, teamwork, interaction and resilience.
We’re organized into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment.
This means our Linux Security Engineer should possess the following skills:
Availability to perform Operations outside the working hours if needed (extra compensation will be applicable).
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing.
Excellent oral communication and writing skills (English).
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit).
Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others.
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods, as required.
- German skills will be a plus.
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.