We’re looking for bright Android Pioneers to join our team.
An Android Pioneer is an android full stack developer with passionate about technology running through its veins. If you are afraid to learn new frameworks, extend your skills and working methods, please don’t apply.
If you love a challenge, are passionate about technology and are full of spark, energy and ambition, this could be the dream role for you. Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be a ->
- a planner,
- and a doer.
Under your influence, things run like clockwork. But you’re no clock-watcher. You bring energy and star-quality to everything you do, ensuring engineering success with a smile.
In return, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best talent in the business, in an inspiring environment where our people are well-looked after, happy and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.
The Makings of an Android Pioneer
Pioneering engineers need pioneering projects: from autonomous driving to electrification, from entertainment services to vehicle connectivity, Critical TechWorks operates at the cutting-edge of the BMW Group’s technologies.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to possess:
- 3+ years' worth of experience as an android developer.
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Proven professional software development experience with the Android SDK, Eclipse or Android Studio.
- Experience in Android development patterns: Java OOP, JSON/Rest APIs, and multi-threading tasks.
- Experience in developing Android UI applications using design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Familiarity with different architecture concepts such as Cloud, Microservices, Containers and Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience analysing and improving app performance and resource utilization across the full stack.
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, and prioritizes autonomy, teamwork, interaction and resilience.
We’re organised into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment.
This means our Android Pioneer should possess the following skills:
- Availability to perform Operations outside the working hours if needed (extra compensation will be applicable).
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills (English).
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit).
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others.
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods, as required.
- German skills will be a plus.
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.