Data Engineering Mastermind
WE'RE LOOKING FOR DATA ENGINEERING MASTERMINDS!
We need some magical data engineers to help us change the way the world moves. If you love a challenge, are passionate about technology and are full of spark, energy, and ambition, this could be the dream role for you. Our team of rock-solid software engineers, technologists, futurists, and dreamers are changing how people think and feel about cars.
To be clear: this is no ordinary software engineering role. We’re looking for someone spectacular – someone who stands out and who can contribute big things working alongside our dynamic team of technical wizards.
Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be ->
- a problem-solver,
- a planner,
- and a doer.
Under your influence, things run like clockwork. But you’re no clock-watcher. You bring energy and star-quality to what you do, engineering success with a smile :).
In return, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best talents in the business, in an inspiring environment where our people are well looked after, happy, and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.
Superstar data engineers need superstar projects:
- from autonomous driving to electrification,
- from car-sharing services to vehicle connectivity,
Critical TechWorks operates at the cutting-edge of the BMW Group’s technologies.
You’ll work closely with the business stakeholders to design and implement data integration architectures while achieving cost-effectiveness, high performance, and simple maintainability, with as many source technologies as you can imagine. From the most common to the most exotic ones.
You’ll create meaningful data solutions that will support the creation of new business value. To achieve this mission, you’ll always be curious and enthusiastic about using advanced architectures and technologies to solve problems and inspire others to see the benefits.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to have:
- At least 3 years of experience in data engineering
- Experience working with public cloud platforms, especially AWS
- Experience with IaC tools, such as Terraform
- Experience working with and creating data-driven architectures, preferably in public cloud platforms
- Experience using a querying language such as SQL
- Experience with Big Data and data modelling
- Advanced knowledge of multiple SQL/noSQL data environments and a strong understanding of why and when to use a particular solution
- Familiarity with tools in the Big Data ecosystem (like Hadoop, Cassandra, Apache Hive, Apache Spark, and others alike)
- Experience with orchestration tools like Airflow is a big plus
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, and prioritizes autonomy, teamwork, interaction and resilience.
We’re organized into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment.
This calls for our engineering revolutionaries to possess the following skills:
- Availability to perform Operations outside the working hours if needed (extra compensation will be applicable).
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills (English).
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit).
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others.
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods, as required.
- German skills will be a plus.
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.
- Lisbon, Porto
A dynamic fortress for our talented minds to thrive
There are big challenges ahead, so we’ve created a dynamic fortress for our talented minds to thrive. We empower our people to explore and invent their way to success. To us, this isn’t work. It’s our passion.
About Critical Techworks
Critical TechWorks is a joint venture to lead the future of motion. Established in 2018, Critical TechWorks is a company formed as a result of a partnership between BMW Group and Critical Software. Critical TechWorks is exclusively put together to support BMW in building software for its future driving machines.
Data Engineering Mastermind
Loading application form
Already working at Critical Techworks?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.