WE'RE LOOKING FOR DATA SCIENCE MASTERMINDS!
We need some magical data scientists to help us change the way the world moves. If you love a challenge, are passionate about technology, and are full of spark, energy, and ambition, this could be the dream role for you. Our team of rock-solid software engineers, technologists, futurists, and dreamers are changing how people think and feel about cars.
To be clear: this is no ordinary role. We’re looking for someone spectacular – someone who stands out and who can contribute big things working alongside our dynamic team of technical wizards.
Naturally, all the usual stuff applies. Apart from excellent technical skills, you’ll be ->
- a problem-solver,
- a planner,
- and a doer.
Under your influence, things run like clockwork. But you’re no clock-watcher. You bring energy and star-quality to what you do, engineering success with a smile :).
In return, you’ll be surrounded by some of the best talents in the business, in an inspiring environment where our people are well looked after, happy, and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.
Superstar data scientists need superstar projects:
- from autonomous driving to electrification,
- from car-sharing services to vehicle connectivity,
Critical TechWorks operates at the cutting-edge of the BMW Group’s technologies.
You’ll work closely with the business stakeholders to design and implement data integration architectures while achieving cost-effectiveness, high performance, and simple maintainability, with as many source technologies as you can imagine. From the most common to the most exotic ones.
You’ll create meaningful data solutions that will support the creation of new business value. To achieve this mission, you’ll always be curious and enthusiastic about using advanced architectures and technologies to solve problems and inspire others to see the benefits.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to have:
- Experience in technical software engineering, good scripting, and programming skills with at least one programming language (Python, Scala) and proficiency with data science libraries (e.g. Pandas, Numpy, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn).
- Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL).
- Experience working with public cloud platforms, especially AWS, and according to technologies and services is a plus (e.g. Apache Spark/ AWS glue, Apache HIVE/ AWS Athena, Jupyter/ AWS Sagemaker, ML-LIB).
- Experience with IaC such as Terraform is a plus.
- Expertise with quantitative analysis, experimentation, and data mining.
- Advanced experience in applied statistics, Machine Learning, or related fields.
- Experience in analyzing and visualizing complex statistical data is a big plus.
- Experience in automotive data processing / data science is a big plus
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, and prioritizes autonomy, teamwork, interaction and resilience.
We’re organized into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment.
This calls for our scientists to possess the following skills:
- Availability to perform Operations outside the working hours if needed (extra compensation will be applicable).
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills (English).
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit).
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others.
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods, as required.
- German skills will be a plus.
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.