We’re looking for bright DevOps Cloud Platforms Giants to join our team.
As a DevOps Cloud Platforms Giant in Critical TechWorks, you will help us build, run, and sustain the BMW Group cloud platforms and its services, that serve as the infrastructure foundation of technological innovation and enable our Cloud Native teams to deliver extraordinary value to our customers.
We believe an empowering infrastructure is the catalyst that will spark our capabilities to change how people experience cars and mobility. We believe it needs to be agile and fun, and that manual tasks are a thing of the past. Therefore, we love automation and foster creativity and innovation, always on the lookout for new approaches and tools that can make our roles more effective and enjoyable.
As a DevOps Cloud Platforms Giant you will enable others to be at their best, in an inspiring environment where our people are well-looked after, happy and part of a connected team that’s changing the future of mobility.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the skills you’re likely to possess:
- Experienced in delivering and operating cloud platforms and services.
- Experienced with technologies such as Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible), Container Ecosystem (Kubernetes, Container Registry), Secrets (Azure KeyVault, Hashicorp Vault, AWS KMS), Observability (Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, ELK, EFK), and others alike.
- Experienced with Cloud Networking Paradigm (Azure, AWS) such as Routing, OSI Stack, LoadBalancers, NAT, Network Isolation, Security Groups.
- Experienced with CI/CD approaches such as GitOps and tools (namely GitHub Actions, Flux, ArgoCD, Jenkins).
- Experienced with public clouds such as AWS and Azure Managed Services such as AKS, EKS.
- Be aware of DevSecOps approach and adoption needs (mTLS, Single Sign-On, Certificates, Nessus, Clair or Inspec are a plus).
- Advocate of the DevOps mindset and self-servicing infrastructure-as-code with end-to-end responsibility.
- Allergic to manual tasks, and in love with automation.
- Feeling at home around Linux systems and their optimization inside or outside a container.
- Troubleshooting application ecosystems like their data flows, microservices tracing and interconnections, service meshing.
- Scripting, Programing using Python, Bash, GoLang and/or others.
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, and prioritizes autonomy, teamwork, interaction and resilience.
This means our DevOps Platforms Giant should possess the following traits:
- Availability to perform Operations outside the working hours if needed (extra compensation will be applicable).
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills (English).
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others.
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods, as required.
- German skills will be a plus.
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.