Critical TechWorks is developing the next generation of software systems to support the production and logistics of the BMW Group’s future driving machines.
That's a lot of products, large and small, for end-users everywhere, from the car driver to the line operator in the shopfloor. All products shall have a vision, all users deserve our best care. The automotive industry is in transformation, and we can offer plenty of opportunities to pave its future.
The Makings of a User-Facing Product Visionary
As a User-Facing Product Visionary you will be part of a scrum team to whom you will continuously give a holistic vision and a structured product development roadmap.
You will write sagas, epics, and user stories, and will be accountable for effective product backlog management.
Your focus will be on user value and on how to deliver it. Together with your team, you will develop the product incrementally, at a steady pace, delivering features while also ensuring uncompromised quality and DevOps practices.
Organization, communication, and analytical skills will be paramount to your success.
You shall assure that the product vision, backlog, and roadmap are well understood by developers, UX designers (when present), and all stakeholders - ensuring everyone knows where we are and what will happen next.
When human-machine interface elements are involved, you’ll work closely with our UX design team, ensuring the backlog properly reflects user needs.
When in a scaled environment (e.g., LeSS) you will need to coordinate with other Product Visionaries, and perhaps a wider stakeholder community.
Whatever the project, these are the core items you'll be focused on:
- Interacting with users, stakeholders, and teams to understand business needs and create a common understanding of what needs to be built
- Assessing the value, developing cases, and ordering stories, epics, and themes to optimize the value of the work performed by the DevOps team
- Providing vision and direction for all involved throughout the project
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, and prioritizes autonomy, teamwork, interaction and resilience.
We’re organized into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment.
Some products are quite large. You, as a PV for one part, will need to interact with PVs from other teams, in a scaled structure such as LeSS. In some cases, other teams may be external to the BMW Group. Working in this environment will require from you a higher level of coordination and dependency management.
All put together, the User-Facing Product Visionary role calls for the following skills:
- 5yrs+ of professional experience in software-related roles.
- Strong people and negotiation skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback, and ideas sharing
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written – our lingua franca is English
- Great organizational and analytical capabilities complemented by attention to detail and the ability to record and report information accurately
- A real passion for learning, doing things better, and helping others, and a strong drive to turn ideas into realities
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods of time, as required
- Optional bonus: the ability to converse in German
At Critical Techworks we are creating an inclusive culture that values our people’s different viewpoints and experiences, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, ethnicity, religion, or disability.